Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Information on Dallas....

So it has been a week and the support from everyone has been amazing. Here is an update... Not a lot is changing in his swelling in his brain. They are treating the swelling with alot less medication but for the doctors to feel comfortable to start to try and wake him up he needs to be able to manage the swelling much better for 48 hours by himself. When not on the heavy amounts of meds he moves his arms, legs and shoulders. This is a great sign but doesn't tell us a ton yet about possible long term affects. These movements maybe voluntary or involuntary, we are unable to determine at what percentage that is... My wife and I spoke to a nurse and after explaining that to us, he said watch this... This is voluntary. He proceeded to pinch his right index finger and Dallas pulled away from the pain.. He said "that is voluntary" he then pinched his big toe and Dallas pulled his foot away from the pain. The nurse explained that this was a high level brain activity. His temperature is still a little high, which is normal with brain trauma. Also he is dealing with blood clots in his legs and pnuemonia is setting in... Both of these are common given the situation. Just continue to pray and we appreciate your thoughts and well wishes... I know Dallas would feel humbled by all the love... I also know Dallas is dying for a pizza, so we are trying to find a way to get that into the tiny feeding tube... Thanks for all your support and hope all of you are blessed.....

Sterling

5 comments:

Missy said...

We appreciate you keeping us all updated on Dallas. My brother is friends with Dallas so that's how we know him (he was actually in that car accident their senior year with Dallas). His family has been through so much and we have been praying for him.

Liz Szilagyi said...

I'm one of Dallas' old High School friends. I just want to say thank you for posting updates about him. He's been in my thoughts and prayers. It's good to know how he is doing. I look forward to updates.

Dave and Marie said...

Hi, I'm a long lost high school friend of Dallas. Thank you so much for the information. It has been such a heavy thing to think of, so I'm glad you mentioned something about the shoes. They do look swell :) He is in my prayers. Thanks again for the information.

Tyler & Laura said...

I grew up with Dallas' little sister, Dani, and my husband was in the MTC with Dallas...we are worried about him! We hope he is doing better and recovering.

Hannah said...

This is Hannah (Tanner) Clark one of Dallas' friends from high school. Our prayers are with him and you. Thanks for the updates.